As of late this afternoon, it’s estimated that the Slide Fire near Sedona has consumed some 4,500 acres and is zero percent contained.
Below, is additional information about the fire from the Incident Information System:
The fire is likely human-caused and is under investigation.
Current resources: There are approximately 200 personnel, including five hotshot crews, three air tankers, three helicopters, one air attack, 10 engines, two water tenders, Sedona Fire, a fuels crew and two dozers. Ordered resources include one Type 1 Incident Management Team, 15 hotshot crews, 10 Initial Attack crews, 40 engines, one light helicopter and additional overhead personnel.
Here is a list of road closures in the area:
• State Route 89A from Sedona to Fort Tuthill Road in Flagstaff
• Forest Road 535 at SR 89A
• Forest Road 533 at SR 89A
• Forest Road 231 at Rogers Lake
• Forest roads 527 and 530 (west side; Volunteer Canyon area)
• Casner Mountain is closed to all vehicles