Fantastic news coming out of The Biggest Little City in The World… we just received word that Arizona Highways magazine won a total of 13 awards — including two golds — at the International Regional Magazine Association (IRMA) annual awards ceremony in Reno.
The magazine received accolades in several categories including overall art direction, best historical feature and best special focus issue, to name a few. The IRMA awards honored work from 2010 in the tiers of gold, silver and bronze, with gold being the highest recognition.
“I am very proud of the work our incredible team does month after month, and it is great to be recognized for some of that work on a national level,” said Editor Robert Stieve. “Our stories, photographs, design and website are measured against some of the best regional magazines in North America, which makes these awards especially meaningful.”
IRMA’s annual awards are selected by a panel of independent writing and design judges across more than 20 magazine categories.
We took home honors in the following 13 categories:
- Gold, for Historical Feature, “O Canyoneers,” November 2010 (Writer: Jane Barnes)
- Gold, for Special Focus Issue, “The Insiders’ Grand Canyon,” May 2010 (Writers: Kelly Kramer, Larry Lindahl, Chuck Bowden and Mary Ellen Hickey)
- Silver, for Environmental Feature, “Emerald Isle,” February 2010 (Writer: Terry Greene Sterling)
- Silver, for General Feature, “Alone on the Hill,” February 2010 (Writer: Kathy Montgomery)
- Silver, for Essay, “All My Grand Canyons,” May 2010 (Writer: Chuck Bowden)
- Silver, for Single Photo, “Grand Falls,” December 2010 (Photographer: Shane McDermott)
- Silver, for Department, “The Journal”
- Silver, for Cover, “Ultimate Camping,” July 2010
- Silver, for Companion Website
- Silver, for Overall Art Direction
- Bronze, for Culture Feature, “Writing on the Walls,” April 2010 (Writer: Ruth Rudner)
- Bronze, for Reader Service Article, “Summer Hiking Guide,” June 2010 (Writer: Robert Stieve)
- Bronze, for Profiles, “Looking for Balance,” October 2010 (Writer: Kathy Montgomery)
One response to “Arizona Highways Wins 13 Awards!”
Well-deserved recognition for great work! Congratulations to all!